Friday, March 31, 2017

Cold Brewed Coffee DIY


Hiya guys!

So, I discovered something new...kind of. I thought I'd share this with you guys!

First and foremost, I love coffee. So this post is about...dun dun! COFFEE! Despite popular believe, having an adequate amount of caffeine can not only boost your metabolism, but in effect also aids to burning fat. I only drink a cup of coffee per day though because we all know that having too much of something can make it not as good, am I right?

I hope that makes sense.

Anyhow.

So with there being no transition between spring and summer here in South Texas, the mornings are getting warmer and warmer. Which means that I'm always leaning more towards getting iced coffees at Starbucks or Coffee Waves.

But then I had a thought.

What if I brewed coffee the night before, put it in the fridge, and BAM! Had chilled coffee ready for me in the morning?!

I tried it. After visiting my sister in San Antonio over Spring Break, I came home with the best coffee I have EVER had. It's a dark chocolate roast, and I found it at Williams Sonoma. It is by far my most favorite in the entire world. I'm spoiled now though because it's so flavorful! Anyhow, so I brewed the coffee, making about two cups, and then I let it cool to room temperature. I have a glass carrier thingy that people, I assume, use for milk and orange juice. Well, since I don't really drink either of those, I put the coffee in that, left it in the fridge (once it cooled of course, very important because it's glass), and in the morning I had my own cold brewed coffee! I'm honestly not sure if this is how the professionals do it, but it certainly works for me and tastes delicious. Plus I don't need ice for it, which was my only pet peeve about buying iced coffee because it gets watered down and there tends to be more ice than actual coffee.

If you are a coffee lover like me, I suggest you give this a try because it is so so good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment