Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13, 2017


LIFE UPDATE:

Wow. It's been so, so long since I've been active on here. Time has passed by so quickly! With two jobs and being a full-time student, weeks almost seem like days.

So, on Friday, the English Department at my school had released all the classes that will be offered in the summer I and II session and Fall 2017. Looking at my degree planner, I realized I will officially be graduating this upcoming fall with a bachelor's degree in English and a TESOL certificate (if I pass all my classes, which I will likely do). I am beyond ready to get out into the world, but I am also very nervous to do so because I am not sure what lies in my future. I know for a fact that I want to be in the publishing industry, but I haven't got a clue where I'll end up.

Only time will tell.

This summer, in session II, I will also be travelling to Scotland for a study abroad trip. There I will be taking a literature course about Shakespeare - mostly Macbeth, so I am also beyond excited for that. I'll also be taking 4000 level literature history there, too. I know most of the people who are going, so unlike my Ireland trip, I'm hoping this one will be less distressful and more adventurous. I will blog a whole lot more when I go on the trip; I figure that'll be fun!

I'm working on a story that I have devoted much of my time to, which I am also thrilled for. I haven't quite finished the manuscript yet, but I have planned to devote much of my time for Spring Break to doing that. I have an amazing beta reader that I am doing a writing swap with (where we help each other's stories), and he is proving to be most helpful! This is a project that I am not sure will lead to, but I am very passionate about the characters and the story, so I am very excited! I will add some of the commissions I have had done for the characters, though I will not name who they are and what their role is in the story (this is just for fun! Haha). The artists I commissioned from DeviantArt, and I will list them to credit their artwork in the order that their work appears below:
-MikiTakamoto
-SkyGiratina00
-hase-illustrations
-Solchan
-Devil-Nutto
-magihime
-SashaVasileva
-Annabel-m
-Mimyoi

Anyhow, I hope everyone is having a great day. I hope to be more active on here!

-Sarah










No comments:

Post a Comment