Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fudgy Avocado Brownies


So, I know this may sound weird - the idea of making brownies with avocados. But, think about this.

According to authoritynutrition.com, Avocados are full of nutrients.

 Avocados are very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals.

Here are some of the most abundant nutrients, in a single 3.5 ounce (100 gram) serving (3):

Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
Folate: 20% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
This is coming with 160 calories, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber so there are only 2 “net” carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food.




So, when I stumbled upon a brownie recipe with avocados being one of the chief ingredients, it certainly caught my attention. I for one love avocados, but even so, I've never made brownies before using them.

But nevertheless, I tried it.

And I just want to say that I love them! The dark chocolate does create a VERY chocolate-y flavor, along with the cocoa. I also added sweet and low along with the sugar-free maple syrup, for a sweeter flavor. All in all, I love this recipe, and I'll definitely be using it again!

Kudos to Elizabeth's recipe on her Frugal Mom eh blog!


FUDGY AVOCADO BROWNIES WITH AVOCADO FROSTING

Ingredients:
300 g dark chocolate (chopped or chips)
2 tbsp Coconut oil
2-4 hass avocados, pitted and peeled
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup less 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
For the Avocado Frosting:

One medium sized hass avocado, pitted and peeled
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment