Thursday, April 20, 2017

April 20, 2017 UPDATE


Heya lovelies!

So, HAPPY 4.20!!!

For those of you who don't know what that means, google it. I'd put it on here, but once you see what it is, you'll know why!

Anyhow.

I wanted to give ya'll an update on my writing project. It's ALMOST completely written. It's divided into 2 parts, and since the 1st part has been done for quite some time, I've already had it gone through 2 rounds of VERY helpful beta reading for which I am eternally grateful for.

Seriously guys. Beta reading is a LIFE SAVER and such good experience if you want to beta read someone else's work, too.

I am so close to finishing the 2nd part that I can almost taste it. At this point, my project is also going to need a sequel. I'm not leaning towards it being a trilogy but I'll have to wait to see how far I can get in the second book. This project of mine is starting to develop into more complex ideas and themes, so this is why it requires a sequel. I'm not just forcing to do it that way to profit more on it--I know making sequels and trilogies is a major trend right now, I just don't want to have a 1,000 page novel in hopes of people having the courage to start reading it.

Ha.

I'm projecting to have the 2nd part finished and gone through two rounds of beta reading by mid-summer. Of course, this depends on how busy my beta readers are and whatnot.

My last, final round of beta reading is more for general thoughts. I literally give it to people I trust and ask them for honest feedback, like whether the book entertained them, if they see any typos. It's not heavy, dense work so it's not time consuming. I'm essentially asking them to read the book and let me know if they liked it. I want a reader's honest opinion.


Also, as a lasting note, I've had even MORE commissions done for the story! Check 'em out!







No comments:

Post a Comment