Monday, February 29, 2016

Product Wars! Beauty Blender vs Real Techniques !


So, I'm trying to get up to date with all the makeup fads, and one thing I've noticed is the beauty blender application sponge!

Back in high school, I used sponges to apply my cream foundation but ended up using brushes instead because brushes seemed to last longer than sponges did. Today, I finally broke down and went to Sephora to buy a beauty blender sponge, to try it out. I've been holding back because of several reasons. One, I'm not a fan of sponge applications for foundation. And two, it typically sells for 20 dollars or so, which I thought was a bit too much for a sponge. I love airbrushed looks, and the theory behinds the success of the beauty blender is that it has a completely even distribution, unlike a brush, which sometimes leaves streaks or ends up getting cakey. Needless to say, I will be posting about my experience with the sponge after I get to use it throughout the week!

You can purchase one here: http://www.sephora.com/beautyblender-P228913?skuId=1151869

I've also been looking up videos on YouTube about how to use the beauty blenders and whatnot, and one thing I've come across is that this is one of those products that's supposedly better to buy the original, rather than an off brand. The original may be more expensive, but people are claiming it's worth the money. Here's a cool video insight into the differences between the original brand and an off one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment