Monday, January 11, 2016

My Foundation


So, when thinking of which foundation you should use, keep in mind what kind of skin you have. For instance, I have oily, acne-prone skin that is also very sensitive and can dry very easily. I've gone through many brands of foundations and have found the one that works so perfectly for my skin, so obviously, it's my favorite so far.

NARS all day luminous weightless foundation is so light but has amazing coverage. Most of the time, it makes my skin not only look clear and smooth, but it FEELS clear and smooth. It's light, so it doesn't weigh down on my skin, and the color of it gives my skin a certain glow - it just enhances everything, and I love it so much. I use a pro full coverage airbrush to, well, apply the product evenly and with an airbrush effect (hence the name of the brush).

However, I've recently started using the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation and just take a dab of it and mix it with the NARS foundation. Together they work really well with my skin, I figured combining them would be more effective than simply using the matte foundation because though I like matte looks, I don't like my foundation caking and whatnot, so combining them really fixed that.

So yeah, I definitely suggest trying these products if your skin is like mine. I've tried so many different foundations, and some of them either made my skin break out (ugh) or just caked or shone really early on when wearing it. Also, another thing is that when it comes to things like mascara or eyeliner, I personally always go for the drug store products because they're fairly cheap, but my golden rule is that with foundation, quality does matter. There are some awesome brands you can find in drugstores (just like the L'Oreal Infallible) but they're typically more expensive than others. I never feel bad for paying a little extra for foundation because like I said, it makes one hell of a difference in the overall product.

Products mentioned:

All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation: 













No comments:

Post a Comment