Monday, January 11, 2016

Eating Healthy...


So, the holidays are over, I'm not even sure of how much weight I've gained, but I regret nothing! It's always great to enjoy the holidays - and what better way of doing that than eating delicious foods?

But, as I said, the holidays are over, so it's time to get back to reality. When I entered my first semester of college, I lost weight, going from 160 to 130, by following a low-carb diet. It was with a medical dietary clinic in town, so I had my blood drawn and checked in twice a week to see how much fat my body was losing and whatnot. Essentially, I was losing 2 pounds per week. Crazy, right?

Now that diet was pretty radical. But a common misconception of diets if the sole difference between eating healthy, and dieting. For one, dieting is not meant to last forever. It shouldn't. You're purposely trying to lose weight. On the other hand, eating healthy, is meant to, well, eat healthy and NOT lose weight. The diet I went on called for little to no carbs, and you also had to take lots of vitamins. This time around, I'm not going to go that hardcore because I'm just planning to lose weight - I don't need to lose it fast. I want to have fun with it. I'm really looking to find cool, low-carb , low-sugar recipes. Sure I hate saying goodbye to some of my favorite foods for a while, but since I'm doing it, I may as well have fun with it, right?

Plus it's always nice to know you're doing something good for your body. Carbs aren't bad at all, it's just the amount you eat that can make them unhealthy to your body. And my favorite food is bread (and pasta), and I don't have a sense of limitation when it comes to eating them. If only I could stick within the serving size, my life would be so much easier.

But anyhow, here are some helpful tips/ideas if you're also looking to eat healthier. I'd keep an open mind with it; like anything, it's how you approach it.




No comments:

Post a Comment