Thursday, May 17, 2018


There's nothing better than having warm, apple pie in the summer with some refreshing ice cream! I found a great recipe from pinterest, which I'll post below. I highly recommend this recipe - I followed it exactly, and everyone in my family devoured it in seconds (I'm NOT exaggerating here but then again my family LOVES food).

Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Pie-by-Grandma-Ople/

Ingredients:

  • 2 batches of pie crust (you can either make this yourself or get store bought, I got store bought)
  • 7-8 small granny smith apples, peeled, sliced, and cored
  • 1 stick butter
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment