Wednesday, August 10, 2016

GUYS THE END IS NEAR


Yes, you've read the title correctly. The end is near - it's so close that I can almost taste it...

No, I'm not talking about the end of time. I'm talking about How to Write Smut (title is subject to change). It is a lot longer than I want it to be - but hey, isn't that what editing is for? I'm roughly 5,000 words away from finishing, and I AM SO SO VERY EXCITED. I thought I had the ending in mind last month, but something happened, and I couldn't work on it for a couple of weeks. Major writer's block, it's a bitch. So thanks to my friend's advice, I took a break, and came back with fresh ideas!

Once I finish the manuscript, I'm going to celebrate (of course) and let it sit for a couple of weeks before grabbing my red pen, critique glasses, and getting to butcher the living hell out of it! Afterwards, I will send it to my beta readers - Jasmine, Ash, and Elora for content issues. After that, I'll do more editing, check for grammatical issues, and finally, start searching for agents for publication!

This is a kind of story that was one hell of a journey (I'm not finished yet, mind you). I had a vision for it when I started, and as I've written it - let's just say it's taken me down many roads in which I had no idea it could possibly go! Already I can confidently say that it's got a lot more complexity than Twisted, so it's going to take more patching up to weave it together. Alas, I will keep everyone updated as I progress further!

In the mean time, I decided to goof off some bit today and create a visual for who I picture two characters from the story to be (Lily Collins): Eve and Shay.


No comments:

Post a Comment